FAQs & Links
1) Do you accept insurance?
We do not directly bill your insurance. We provide you with a Superbill that you can submit to your insurance company. The coverage may vary depending on your medical insurance policy. We are an “out of network” provider, and do not accept Medicare at this time.
Some insurance carriers may provide increased benefits if you are referred here by your primary care practitioner.
2) How are you different from craniosacral therapists? Or chiropractors?
We are osteopathic physicians with an indepth knowledge of functional anatomy, physiology, and embryology. In the United States we attend medical school, and residency and prescribe medication and lab tests as appropriate. Our osteopathic manipulative courses are open only to D.O.S., M.D.S. and D.D.S. We again refer you to www.cranialacademy.com, and www.osteohome.com. Chiropractors are not medical doctors, and cannot take our courses. Craniosacral therapists are non-medical practitioners and can practice once they attained a certificate. According to the cranial academy website, a single 24 hour course provides a certificate. Therapists are not allowed to diagnose by law and follow a generalized “therapy” protocol taught in courses.
3) What to expect after an osteopathic treatment:
Please see under Osteopathy, Recommendations After Your Osteopathic Treatment.
Steps we have taken in our eco-friendly office:
1) As you enter, note that the awning and bench were built from recycled redwood
2) Radiant heat that will soon be connected to solar
3) Jean (recycled denim) insulation
4) Bamboo floors with non-toxic/low-impact adhesive and subfloors
5) Cord floor in the kitchen and margoleum in the bathroom.
6) LED lighting or compact fluorescent light bulbs
7) Low flow water valves
8) Greywater for laundry room
9) 80% refurbished & recycled furniture
10) Hemp & organic curtains
11) Bamboo curtain rods
12) Recycle paper and decrease of paper use with online scheduling
13) We are a certified green business
14) We promote nutrient dense, local organic, sustainable food & diets
The Cranial Academy www.cranialacademy.org
The Osteopathic Homepage www.osteohome.com
Osteopathy: Art of Practice www.osteodoc.com
American Academy of Osteopathy www.academyofosteopathy.org
James Jealous www.jamesjealous.com
Instructions for Taking Your Remedy
- Keep it out of direct sunlight
- Don’t touch the remedy with your hands – pour it into the cap or a paper cup
- You can chew it or swallow it or let it dissolve
- Don’t eat or drink for 10 – 15 minutes before and after taking the remedy, including gum and water
- The following may interfere with the remedy, please inquire: major dental work; prescription drugs; OTC preparations (including herbs, vitamins, and other non-prescription drugs); recreational drugs; electric blankets; camphor products like Vicks; tiger balm, Karmex and some chapsticks; tea tree oil and other exotics such as eucalyptus oil and strong mints (including many oral care products); X-ray machines in airports (try to hold the remedies separately – a doctor’s note or photo leaded bag may help)
Three Stone Hearth www.threestonehearth.com
Weston A. Price Foundation www.westonaprice.org
Wildheart Gardens www.wildheartgardens.com
(for further sustainable planting and permaculture design)
Ecology Center www.ecologycenter.org
Teleosis Institute www.teleosis.org (green medicine certification)